Thursday, May 17, 2012

Live authentically

In Jungian psycho-analysis (Meyers Briggs Test), at one point possibly 5 years ago, I had taken the test and the result was ESTJ (Extraversion, Sensing, Thinking, Judgment).  However, recently, I took the test again and the result was INFP (Questor/Idealist/Healer).  Furthermore, it says that INFP's tend to masquerade as ESTJ's, but that this is a considerable taxation to them energetically.  When I was working all those years in corporate finance, I guess that I was masquerading as a ESTJ in order to survive.  I was really trying to live out my INFP persona, but I had to become ESTJ in order to have and keep a job suitable to pay my rent.  No wonder I started having so many problems in my life and personal turmoil.  Living in a contradiction is a crisis.

After three years of unemployment after the recession of 2009, I am living out my INFP persona naturally and I honestly feel so much better.  The problem remains a financial one, but I am hopeful for the future in spite of it.

In order for us to be healthy, we need to realize that in spite of the pressures of the world to be what we are not, we must be ourselves if we ever wish for the good things to come when we live authentically.